Monday, March 29, 2004


To mark the moment when I add Samizdata to my links, I recommend these photos of a Samizdatan trip to Prague. Since one of the greatest Samizdat writers was Vaclav Havel, and since my neice was born in Prague seven months ago, and my brother lives near Prague, this really appealed to me. Also check out the post about the Spectator magazine below it, which summed up my feelings about it very neatly. Samizdata is like a sort of godfather of the Anti-Beebs which have sprung up on the Web. Update: 'Vaclav', incidentally, translates as 'Wenceslas', so the Christmas carol could begin 'Good King Vaclav (first) looked out...' . Also incidentally re: the Samizdata post, the River Vlatva is pronounced 'Voltova'- just in case you catch a newsreader getting it totally wrong.

 
Google Custom Search