Monday, April 12, 2004


Media-master Denis Boyles writes very well indeed. I should really subscribe to NRO, but since I don't I have to wait until the scraps fall from some rich man's table down to pauvre yours truly. Boyles has the rare art of being able to condense intelligent observation into diamantine phraseology: I think it's called literature. In the latest thing I've read of his he describes Merde in France (from whence this link) as 'the champagne of attitudinal weblogs'. 'Attitudinal weblogs', eh? that may not be coined by Boyles in this article, but it is certainly descriptive. Other almost randomly selected gems include 'In war, the guys who work tirelessly to get you to surrender may reasonably be called your enemies', and 'We must learn the lesson of Madrid: Terrorists are people, too'. All these little gems when strung together make a kind of media necklace that's quite brilliant to see.

 
Google Custom Search