Monday, January 09, 2006

...And Now Is the Winter of Our Discontent.

Perry De Havilland catches one of those cringemaking moments on the letter pages of the Guardian. Phillip Gould wrote it; and a truly farcical leftist he is. It's all the vaingloriousness that makes me laugh painfully. I remember the impact Thomas Hardy's poem made on me, what is now years ago. And to think people like Mr Gould never grow up. I also remember that certain Conservatives used to be very triumphalist around the time before Mr Major proved what a political master he was, while the Conservatives ably demonstrated their own immaturity.

Somehow all this makes me think of Iran, and Israel. I don't know what to say about that; I think the Hardy poem might be the most sober comment I can muster. EURef has been thinking about it though.

 
Google Custom Search